Protect Your Rehab Investments

I have recently heard about a number of house fires in my area.  When I was in grade school, our house caught on fire due to build up in our dryer.  Luckily, we only had a little smoke damage, but it did put us out of our home for about 5 months.  Whether it be from old wiring or leaving something on in the house accidentally, your investment property or your personal residence, house fires, big or small, are never easy.  It is important to insure your real estate investment properties.

Here are some types of insurance coverage you might consider:

  • General Liability
  • Dwelling Insurance
  • Builder’s Risk
  • Life Insurance
  • Umbrella Coverage/ Excess Liability

As landlords, do you require your tenants to have any insurance?  What insurance do you carry for your rental properties?